Vatha Kuzhambu (Using Small onions and Garlic) : This is the traditional dish, which will really taste good. One of the most easy and simply dish that can be made by any one and goes well with rice and papad.
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Urad Dhal - 1 tsp
Small Onions - 10 numbers
Garlic - 10 numbers( peeled, and no need to chop)
Tamarind - Hand full ( soak in water to make tamarind paste)
Sambar powder - 3 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
Salt - As per taste.
Oil - To fry.
* Take a pan, add 3-5 spoon of oil. Then add mustard seed and urad dhal and fry it.
* Now add the small onions and garlic and fry well, till the raw smell disappears.
* After frying well, add the tamarind water to the vessel and leave it to boil well.
* Went the content is half-cooked, add the sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt.
* Wait to cook for some more time and let the mixture thicken.
* At last add vathal and cook it
* Serve hot with papad.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe.